Sunday, August 25, 2013

Choices

There will always be a time when we have to debate a choice. For instance: To workout or not to workout?

My first hard week of training and dieting went great, but by the end of the week I started to feel fatigue set-in. I realized that I ate too little carbs that week. By Friday, the day after my incline workout, I felt like I was bonking all day. Saturday I ran in a 5K Dirty Dash. I was a bit sluggish, but it was a blast. I prepped for weight lifting that afternoon and gave myself a pre-workout protein shake to get my energy boost. Unfortunately, the shake did not agree with me. I headed to the gym anyway. As I sat in the parking lot I decided that if I worked out I might puke. So I left, but planned to go back later. I had a 5:30pm appointment and by the time I was done it was almost 8pm. I was tired. I thought, "Could I get away with skipping lifting tonight?" Maybe. "Would I let myself down?" Most definitely. I forced the car to steer in the direction of the gym and stepped through the door. Made it! "Be strong," said the voice in my head.

No matter what fitness level we are at, from amateur to professional. The choice to open the door must always be made. I'm keeping the door propped open. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment