Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Struggled with cardio then I saw this guy!

(10/29/13) This week my cardio goal has been to do an hour for 5 days of the week, 30 minutes  in the morning and 30 in the evening. Some sessions include intervals and some just a steady state. 

Today, I really struggled getting the "umph" to start my morning off with a 30 min treadmill run. I chose to sleep in, and skip the morning cardio. I do try to rest when I feel a bit run down, and then push the intensity up on the "up" days. I admit, I felt pretty guilty for skipping. Later, I drove to the gym at 7:30pm to one-30 minute bout of cardio in but I was still having to convince myself to get the energy up. I, ever so slowly, walked through the gym door and toward the Step Mill. "Just do this," was the mantra I tried repeated to get the energy going. Then, I looked up toward the treadmills and saw this guy! Wow, was I impressed. He was wearing an Elevation Training Mask. Here is the theory on using this tool by the makers of the Training Mask: 

See the guy to the left?
"The Training Mask is a resistance system reducing air flow through our patent pending flux valve system. Training Mask 2.0 promotes increased lung capacity by forcing you to inhale fuller deeper breaths. When your body adapts to the resistance your lungs will be trained to take deeper breaths and use oxygen more efficiently."

 This guy was running at a high speed and it was just what I needed to get a bit more "zippy". Thank you guy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment