Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The second week of the body transformation...


Heather is in the "zone"! I believe she has truly accepted the mission. She mentioned to me the other day that someone had ordered her a pizza and she firmly (and politely) stood her ground that she was unable to eat it, then she made a beeline to Whole Foods to get what she needed. Bravo Heather! Bravo!!

Heather's Journal Tuesday, December 17th:
Challenge:  I don’t have very good willpower.  Back to the theme of knowing myself better, I have had to admit that I don’t have incredible willpower.  If something delicious is nearby, I get a compulsion to eat it.  At some times in the past, I would impulsively eat something so fast that I wouldn’t even taste it or enjoy it.  So the question was, how was I going to make this experience different than every other time I have attempted to change my lifestyle. 

Solution:  Multiple Solutions
·      ~I sought professional help from Meche. 
·      ~I asked my husband for help
·      ~We did everything we could to stay away from situations where I would be tempted… but when we had to show up,  we came prepared with our own food
·     ~I made my journey public. I've even been sponsored to help with my personal training sessions.  There was no greater commitment device than this.  If I am tempted now, I think of all the people who are watching my journey and have invested time and money in my success.     

·     ~I have to keep an open dialogue with myself, and whenever I want to skip a workout or eat outside the meal plan (which is carefully planned down to the ounce!) I think of the trajectory of progress that I am on and remind myself that I could be at my ideal weight within a matter of months.

Useful Tools:  Professional Help, A Good Friend to Encourage you (you have to ask them to do this), and a commitment device.


Another commitment device:  A Visualization of Success. 
This is Dusty and I leaving our wedding almost 12 years ago. 
I weighed somewhere around 115 lbs, and I didn’t even exercise back then,
I was just young.  I can’t wait to see a fit and healthy Heather emerge.
 


Heather's Workout Week Two - WOD 1: http://youtu.be/kTSawpImIo0
Workout Details:
50x Waling Lunges with 25#
10x Plank to Push-ups
15x Barbell Squats 55#
10x Smith Muscle Ups

Last week Heather completed this series in 5 minutes and 29 seconds, this week she beat her time! She completed the same series in 4 minutes and 59 seconds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment