Thursday, December 19, 2013

how to combat sabotage beautifully!!

Heather's attitude is CAN DO!

Mental toughness is a HUGE part of success. Of course, we ALL have weaknesses. E
very high-level athlete is continually looking for a mental edge. Why would the "average" fitness seeking person be any different? It's learning how to handle those situations that are against your mission and acting on what you know you NEED. One secret is to surround yourself with CAN DO people! There's nothing like that kind of motivation and the powerful "I Can Do It" attitude! 

How Heather has stayed on the Path....

Heather's Journal Wed, Dec 19, 2013

Challenges:  "Sabotage?" - Sabotage seems like such a harsh word, yet when many of us try to tackle a goal, we refer to behaviors of others that may disrupt our progress as sabotage.  In the last blog post, Meche mentioned that someone ordered me my favorite pizza, even though they knew I was doing this transformation.  That individual was my mother-in-law.  She is a kind and nurturing person, who was speaking my language of love: comfort food.  When I told her I couldn't have any, she felt bad for me having to go without, and tried to reason a way that I could make an exception just for that day and enjoy myself a little bit.  After all it was a family get together to celebrate the safe and healthy delivery of our niece.  She had the best intentions, and nothing from my past behavior would have given her an impression that I would do something different on this day. Soooo.....

Solution: Shopping spree at Whole Foods:  Luckily, I had an accomplice (my trusty husband, Dustin), and he could tell that the smell of pizza and my hunger was a bad combination of overpowering temptation for me.  He jumped in and suggested we take a trip to whole foods, We grabbed a rotisserie chicken, some blueberries,and some veggies.  Problem averted, but I was reminded today that this was kind of like a strategy game.  What if I am tempted when I don't have my accomplice nearby to hold me accountable?  We found a solution for that particular situation, but I realized that I need to have a plan of action for every circumstance I may run into.  I can't isolate myself to accomplish my goals, and constantly exercising my willpower seems to deplete it.  At least I have this chance to share my struggles.  Every time I have a challenge now, I think "How will I write about this in a useful way?"  What would I like to tell people my solution was? 

WORKOUT PROGRESS:
This workout is 4 minutes rounds of...
5x 1 arm DB Snatchs 20#
5x 1 arm DB Row 25#
10x Leaning Tower
5x Burpees
Look at that lift off!!! Awesome Burpee Heather!!

Last week Heather completed 1 & 3/4 rounds of this in week 1. At her second attempt to this workout in week 2 she completed  two full rounds, plus 10 more reps!!! Yee Haw!! She is STRONG!! Then she did it two more times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment