Saturday, December 14, 2013

Results of week one!!


Heather successfully completed week one with poise and grace. I can't applaud her enough for staying mentally tough. As many know the stick-to-it-ive-ness can be difficult. I checked in with her daily to see if sticking to the diet plan was achievable, and she did it. I gave her "wiggle" room with food exchanges to help with boredom or when she felt a snack "attack" was tempting. She only reported one snack attack and curbed it with a very healthy choice. And, when she made exchanges in her meal plan she was able to keep meals balanced. I'm hoping this concept will stay with her after the program is over.

Her hard work and discipline to her diet has paid off in week one she LOST THREE POUNDS!!! Yay!!

Heather's Journal on Success and Barriers

Challenge #4Past Failures sometimes make me think I am incapable even before I try.  It is hard to know myself, being aware of my weaknesses and past failures, and honestly believe I am capable of this transformation.  How do I proceed forward, with confidence, with so much history of failure?

Solution: Get to know yourself better, and also try to give yourself some credit for your past successes.  Meche suggested I get to know myself better through a personality profile.  This helps me gain better knowledge of myself.  In cinematic terms, if I were to cast myself in a superhero movie, I would be able to identify what my weaknesses are and what strengths, skills and weapons I can utilize to be victorious.  For example, through the DISC Profile, I discovered that I score a fairly high score of 77 in C: Cautious:  Here is a brief explanation of how a High C functions: (taken from the Intermetrix Disc Profile)

The Higher C Tend to adhere to rules, standards, procedures, and protocol set by those in authority whom they respect. They like things to be done the right way according to the operating manual.  "Rules are made to be followed" is an appropriate motto for those with higher C scores. They have some of the highest quality control interests of any of the styles and frequently wish others would do the same. When you disagree, you may express your resistance in a passive-aggressive manner. You prefer a neat and clean work environment. You may be perceived as somewhat resistant to change.You desire a great deal of explanation before beginning
new tasks. You are somewhat restrained in expressing emotions. You are very conscientious in delivering high levels of detail.   

This absolutely describes me, for both the good and bad.  So I have decided to utilize this transformation experience as a project in which I can gather and organize data and research the most efficient way for myself as a participant, to take on this transformation challenge (which can be quite a daunting task.)  I have found a way to engage myself in this project that keeps me interested and motivated to work at it.

I can use knowledge of this to help motivate myself.  On days when I don’t feel like doing my workout or sticking strictly to the plan for my own sake, I think of someone I know who would really benefit, and that gives me the strength to pull through.

I honestly, don’t like to see my excess body fat jiggling as I plunge into burpees, but then I think of all the people I meet who seem defeated by life and have started to give up and let go of their dreams, and how sad I feel for them…. Then I think, let it all out, let them see my belly and arms jiggle less and less with each passing week.  I want to show them that its never too late to start as I begin my own humbling steps.  This is all my personality really needs to keep going.

Useful Tools: A Meyers Briggs personality test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Another Workout:


No comments:

Post a Comment